Erotic depictions of women in drawing, painting, sculpture and photography from the dawn of man to the present.

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

The Chronicles of Triple P: 1980 - The Sisters




The Head of the River pub, Oxford, in 1979


Although it has only been two weeks since the last Chronicle I had also been working on the next one.  Usually I wait to publish these until the number of views every day slows and reaches around the same number of the previous episode.  This previous episode racked up a lot of views in a comparatively short period of time so I decided that there was no reason to hold the next one back.  The new one is here.

This episode has been considerably helped by the recollections of my friend K,  with whom I have reconnected (in every way) over the last month.  I had no letters sent home to my family to refer to, as it takes place too close to the end of term, but I did note down in my intermittent journal quite a few notes about what I was going through at this point.  I had some idea, even then, of writing a short story based on the incidents, encouraged by A, who took the brunt of my melancholy, over the subsequent summer vacation, in miserable and self pitying letters.   So I have lots of notes such as: "'She was wearing a flowery  sundress with a sweetheart neckline . Superb cleavage."  "Think she really fancies me but sister not pleased".  You will see, anyway. The fact it features two sisters is not really a spoiler given the title of the piece!  Much of the dialogue in this one comes from my early attempt at a story, so was written just a few weeks after the incidents took place.

This is, by some 250 words, the longest of the Chronicles so far, for which I beg your indulgence but it takes place over just a few days in ninth week, the week after official term time finishes at Oxford, so there was no convenient point to add a break.  The next one will be similarly concentrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment