Erotic depictions of women in drawing, painting, sculpture and photography from the dawn of man to the present.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Centrefold Venus of the Month 16: Dawn Shaw, September 1976

Dawn's centrefold


We have a had a request for more images of the voluptuous Dawn Shaw, who, as she was Pet of the Month for September 1976, nicely fills the gap of Centrefold of the Month for September which we didn't have time to post last month. 



Unlike some other Pets, Dawn never reappeared in the magazine which is a shame as she possessed a sensationally ripe body caught perfectly by Earl Miller in his photo shoot.



Even covered they're still impressive!







In reality she was a rather unusual body shape for a Pet at this time; being built more like a Playboy Playmate.



According to the text accompanying her pictorial she was a perfectly believable 38-24-36.  She has a trim waist, a lovely back with one of those elegant clefts down the middle, cute dimples, a world class posterior and, of course, that bust.




Sadly, from Agent Triple P's point of view we don't see nearly enough of her bottom but this superb shot, complete with alarming mid-seventies platform shoes, is fair compensation.





No, it's largely about Dawn's impressive upper works which, given their splendid nature, is sort of understandable we suppose.





We even get some of the tit squeezing that Penthouse pioneered in the sixties.  Part of Guccione's efforts to show his girls preoccupied with their own sexuality (and before more graphic self caressing could be shown) Newsweek rather churlishly wondered if they were not instead "looking for lumps".




 

Dawn has those large areolae that big busted women often have.  In fact she is built almost exactly like an old girlfriend of Triple P's, SA, who had a very similar look. 








Again, in Triple P's experience, girls with large areolae tend to have nipples that lie flat rather than erect.  SA needed to be licked into prominence but it is not clear how Dawn reached her perky state in these pictures; maybe the self tweaking helped!


One of the best Penthouse shots of the seventies.  Dawn reclines like a particularly naughty nineteenth century odalisque




Another part of Dawn's anatomy that receives some loving attention is her nice bushy pussy.  1976 was the year when Penthouse got into labia big time, having been rather coy about them in the past. 




Even when they did start to show them they were often lit in such a way that they looked a rather murky brown colour all the better to (nearly) blend in with the dark and bushy pussies of the period.  In fact, UK magazines in this period continued to tint photographs that showed their models' bits in order to push them more into the background.







Dawn's pictorial was really the first when the girl's bits had been displayed in all their healthy, natural pinkness.  Her pussy hair is bushy but not so bushy that she isn't revealed for all to see.




This picture has a Courbet-like quality about it.  Dawn, with her hands behind her head (which helps to pull her bust up) lounges like a Parisienne courtesan displaying herself with an insouciant elan.  Non, je ne regrette rien!






The final aspect of Dawn's pictorial which marks it out from most of those that have gone before is in how many shots she has her fingers on her pussy.  Able now to move on from simple tit squeezing Dawn touches herself more than any previous Penthouse Pet.





Dawn cups it, teases it, strokes it, caresses it but she can't keep her fingers off it.






So Dawn, in many ways is a prototype for most of the Pets that would follow, at least as regards the focus on her pussy.  However she has more than enough other admirable attributes to be more than just  a pretty girl flashing her bits.






Above all she demonstrates something that would become increasingly rare in Penthouse: a smile.  Because if there is anything sexier than a beautiful, naked girl it's a beautiful naked smiling girl. 

33 comments:

  1. Lovely, I meant to say. Not enough sleep. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing pictures.... Why oh why did these lovey bushy pussy pictures fall out of favour?

    ReplyDelete
  3. MMM MMM good
    Ahh history in the making

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW ! SHE IS PURRFECT ! ! !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how Dawn plays with her pussy.She's gorgeous! She doesn't need to get herself off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dawn Shaw is my favorite Penthouse Pet. I like her huge boobs! I also love how she plays with her boobs and her hairy pussyhole! She really enjoys masturbating and getting herself off! Can I offer my assistance next time?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Except, of course, now she is probably about sixty years old!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes Agent Triple P I'm sure you're correct about Dawn Shaw's age. But I'll bet she still looks awesome anyway! Wish we had a pic of her today! Better late than never! Ooh yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is a story about Dawn Shaw in this post under "The funniest story I heard..."

    http://www.iloveyoupug.com/2010_12_01_archive.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was 15 when that issue of Penthouse came out. I noticed that my dad had a new one in his secret stash. I took a look, and I remember thinking, "She is the most beautiful woman I've ever seen!"

    Now I'm 50, and I still think that. Wonder how she looks now. I wouldn't be surprised if she still looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you gents for your appreciation...And I am not 60~ far younger and still very hot~ glad you are still a fan
    DAWN

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some of these photos I have never seen before... why they were not all published I can't imagine I love the close up of me from my waist up wearing only jewelry, the gold arm band,my girls in their glory and my eyes~ wow~ I have never seen it prior love that photo
    DAWN

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dawn, I've never stopped being a fan!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Dawn. Yes I'm still your fan. I'd like to meet you. Or at least see a photo of you today.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic! The Body of a Playmate in Penthouse.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was only seven when this issue came out, but I guess I was eleven or twelve when I found it in my Dad's stash. It never crossed my mind that he had held on to it for an inordinately long time...sure as hell don't blame him.

    Matter of fact, I guess we have the same taste...I took a bunch of those mags to school with me and traded most of them for Twinkies and baseball cards--but I was careful not to let that particular issue get away.

    Wonder what I did with it...I recognize a lot of the shots, but I don't recall that pictorial containing such a large number of photos.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes those magazines that my father had resonate more strongly with me today too!

    All of her magazine pictorial shots are included (my scans) plus some others from the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I saw that issue in my brother's stack when I was but a high school boy. Man did this pictorial turn me on, but what is missing is the text, which was also as arousing. "the sensation of warm oil spreading between my breasts" (sic)- but I imagined some other kind of liquid.

    Did Ms. Shaw ever come through with a picture of herself as she is now? I've always wondered what happened to Pets and Playmates after their moment of glory. I would be cool if you could have an interview with Ms. Shaw now.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I was in Playboy too xo Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  21. I was in Playboy too xo Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am two and a half yrs older than you Tim

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ah! Ms. Shaw returns! You must consent to an interview with Agent Triple P, even if it's via e-mail. And dare I be so bold as to ask for a photo as you are now?

    (The high school boy)

    ReplyDelete
  24. just lovely looking thru old Penthouse Mag and realize how great they were

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello again...Triple P, The cute story about my ex mother-in-law is a touch catty and sadly inaccurate but stories handed down often are... My centerfold was only the beginning ,not the highlight of my career which continues still...
    I am a writer, inventor, a published songwriter/performer and yes I still turn heads, ;) Naturally Dawn is Not my real name, but then, none are...
    My smile is my signature and I'm the only centerfold who seemed to enjoyed herself... the smile proves it... sadly they cut out many photos from the shoot which you may enjoy here... Ciao Bello

    ReplyDelete
  26. You sound like an interesting and accomplished woman. I bet you do still turn a few heads and that smile was, indeed, marvellous! It is actually good to see that women of a certain age are now still seen as attractive and desirable in a way that they probably were not a few decades a go.

    As for your real name... I am actually surprised how many models did use their real name. I had an ongoing correspondence with a Playboy Playmate who had used her real name to pose and now it had come back to haunt her in her professional life today. Some people in America are not very tolerant it seems compared with Europe!

    Without prying. Which issue of Playboy were you in? It might be fun to try to find you!

    Kind Regards

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello Dawn. I'm curious too about how do you look now? I don't understand why Penthouse never invited you to do an encore shoot as they do with many many other Pets. It would have been awesome to see you paired up in a girl/girl love set with Pet Laura Doone-if you would have been ok with it. Anyway I'm so glad for the pics of you we do have! Take care. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Working from comments here I would say Dawn was born in '58 so would have been 18 at the time of the centrefold. So 55 now.

    Dawn - you are indeed a very beautiful woman, and you take me back to my young man's days.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Dawn darling I am dying to know what do you look like today? I really love the pics of you playing with your boobs and monkey!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a beautiful woman! Words fail, but she surly is sensational; perfect body, beautiful face, wonderful hair......and that exceptionally lovely smile! Thanks very much for posting this; it's certainly one of the best pictorials I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete